20061030

Michigan, and why I'm still living here

I had been trying to figure out why I remain in Michigan when I don't really want to be here in the first place. When I think about it, there isn't anything really going for me here. I have a job that I like, but it doesn't give me enough hours, and I'm starting to hate my boss. I have a few people that I call friend, but none of them are close enough to me that it would be a good reason to stay. I spend the majority of my time by myself, and I like it that way, I don't need to be surrounded by a lot of people, and when I am, I switch to observation mode. I don't have any romantic interests, and I constantly long to just take off with no set destination in mind.

So why remain here? I stay because there are some things in my life that I need to figure out, and it feels like it would be running away if I left. If I had a career waiting for me if I should leave, that would be a different story, but right now I don't, so I can't leave without feeling like I'm giving up. One thing I've never done is give up (unless refusing to do so would violate my integrity in other areas).

No comments: