20050515

It was a pretty good day . . .

Overall, I had a pretty good day today. My roommates didn't get on my nerves, I recieved no annoying phone calls, I even went running and was feeling good from the endorphines or whatever chemicals that got released from that. I got home, opened a gallon of water and started drinking it. I then log on to the internet, my home page opens up, and I see this news story I usually don't pay these much attention, thinking, gee, liberal news media got caught lying again. For some reason, I actually read this one.

reaction: This just ticked me off. The original intent of the first article was to attack the military, and in this case, people died and got injured. The worse part is that they didn't even verify to make sure that it was true.

"Newsweek reported that Pentagon spokesman Lawrence DiRita reacted angrily when the magazine asked about the source's continued assertion that he had read about the Koran incident in an investigative report. 'People are dead because of what this son of a bitch said. How could he be credible now?' DiRita told Newsweek."

Well, we can be assured that Newsweek is still credible, after all, they only published the false story, they didn't make it up in the first place.

"'We regret that we got any part of our story wrong, and extend our sympathies to victims of the violence and to the U.S. soldiers caught in its midst,' Whitaker wrote in the magazine's latest issue, due to appear on U.S. newsstands on Monday."

Yeah, I regret it to. Because of your irresponsibility, people died. Maybe now they'll be more careful about what they publish in their magazine, but I doubt it. It's hard to remain positive about the world, or just a positive person in general, when you read things like this.

No comments: